Tuesday, January 12, 2010

La la la

Ah L...lovely lyrical L lolls and languishes lazily.

We're back on alphabetic track today and I'm excited about the L-ish possibilities, as we have a good mix of the familiar and the novel.

Music we know:

Soundtracks from Labyrinth and Little Shop of Horrors. My boys love both of these. Ever since they were teeny, I have answered the question "Why not?" with "because I'm a mean green mother from outer space". When I finally got the Little Shop soundtrack, they found out where I got that! And did you know that was written by Ashman and Menken of Disney fame? You can hear a strong resemblance to The Little Mermaid's ballad Part of Your World at the end of Somewhere That's Green.

Music we kinda know:

Lenny Kravitz It Is Time For A Love Revolution and Greatest Hits. We've heard the former a few times and the latter only once. I need to be productive today...so I'll definitely spend some time groovin' with Lenny.

Louis Prima... another Disney connection, Louis played King Louie in The Jungle Book! These two cds were gifts. I have listened to them once through.

Music we don't know.

Latin Jazz - a 3 disc set of artists such as George Shearing, Ike Quebec, Johnny Blass, Eddie Palmieri and more. I've never played it....but the titles look good. ;) Lots of bossas and sambas...yum.

Late Night Moods - another mix. This one has names from the very familiar like Michael Buble and Ella Fitzgerald, to the "Who is that?" like Nicola Conte and Royksopp. One fabulous chanteuse on there is familiar to me, but might not be to you. The beautiful-inside-and-out Zoe Theodorou. I helped put on her studio concert here back in June. She will have a live DVD and CD coming out very very soon, and you will want to get in on that action! It was one incredible evening of jazz!

Lizz Wright...another gift. Don't know anything about her at all!

Time to get moving!!

1 comment: