Monday, January 11, 2010

K-less.

Unbelievable. With over 744 albums on my iPod, I have no letter K. So today was something of a musical free-for-all. I must be awfully rebellious, because I really enjoyed the freedom from my self-imposed alphabetical dictatorship!

I started the morning off with some Artie Shaw, followed by Jack Johnson. Then indulged in one of my new favorites, Sara Tavares. She is magically delicious in a make-my-ears-so-happy kinda way! After that, we got really adventurous and simply hit Shuffle. Hall&Oates to Sarah Vaughan to Dvorak to Preston Reed to Bing Crosby to Ella Fitzgerald to Paul Simon to.... Well, you get the idea.

I got to hit the thrift stores a bit and found three to add to the library.

Barenaked Ladies: Stunt - this has the song One Week that makes me ridiculously happy. The boys were THRILLED with it from the very first measure. We listened to it three times before we got home.

R.E.M. Automatic For The People

Bizet: Carmen Suites No. 1 & 2

I welcome suggestions of Ks you think I should try. And if you want something a little different and delightful...try this!

1 comment:

  1. lesseeeee *consults music library*

    kaoru wada
    kenji kawai
    kazami
    the killers
    kylie minogue(? i suppose that's an m)
    kyoto jazz massive

    that's about all i've got.
    ^.^-b

    ReplyDelete