Saturday, January 9, 2010

I....I...I love music!

Our adventures in H yesterday were quite delightful. Highlights included our first listen of Herbie Hancock's Rock Your Soul (loved it) and Holst's The Planets during dinnertime. My sons were intrigued that the music represented planets, and my nine year old had neat questions about composers, conductors, and different orchestras. Fun listening to little voices trying to say "Philharmonic" ;D

I picked up two new-to-me cds at the thrift store yesterday. Artie Shaw's Greatest Hits and George Winston playing Vince Guaraldi. Unfortunately, neither falls in with the letter of the day!

Today's letter is, of course, I. We don't have many I choices, so it's tempting to run in some of J. (I have LOADS of Js!) But I shall refrain.

Options under I are:

Imogen Heap...heard of her, but never heard her. A friend gave me this.
Importance of Being Earnest soundtrack...love this playful set composed by Charlie Mole
In Love With Jazz...a mix. Also a gift that I haven't listened to yet.
India Arie...yum
INXS...great for housework, working out, and, of course, a favorite with my high-energy boys
Israel Houghton...also extremely high energy. I haven't listened to these cds yet. But I saw him in concert at a Worship Conference. Oh MAN was the house hoppin!! I think we could have stayed there all night...it was fantastic!

So that's what I has for us today. I need to workout, do some cleaning, and do some jewelry work before afternoon appointments. Let's see how *I* get through the day! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment